Skincare is a ritual, not just a routine!
Dealing with acne can be very challenging and frustrating, as it can lead to depression and other mental issues. Are you facing the same issue? And even after trying all potent spot treatments, expensive face washes, and oil-absorbing masks, you still got no satisfaction and result?
At this point, you need to ponder and make the right decision i.e. to enter into the Serum World, but the very important question arises here.
How do you know which serum to buy?
Which serum is more effective and beneficial for acne-prone skin?
It can be very difficult to choose the right serum from all the claiming skincare brands in the UAE. But still, you can benefit yourself from a serum if you’re acne-prone skin—you just have to find one dermatologist-approved serum that suits your specific skin needs.
Serums are beneficial because they consist of a high percentage of essential nutrients, they’re cosmetically graceful and can be easily layered.
How to choose the best serum for acne-prone skin
- Get to know your actives
There are numerous active ingredients that, when combined with the serum, can provide multiple benefits to treat acne. But it’s necessary to know and understand what they are, how they work, and which one is suitable before you buy them.
- Vitamin C: It is an antioxidant that protects your sensitive skin from free radicals, enhances the production of collagen, even your skin tone and fades acne spots.
- Hyaluronic acid: It is a sugar molecule that is naturally present in the skin, it helps to combine water to collagen, trapping it in the skin, so that skin appears ample, glowy, and more hydrated. It works best to hydrate your dehydrated skin and restore your skin balance without releasing excessive oil. It also reduces the signs of aging.
- Hydroxy Acids: Hydroxy acids are alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) like glycolic and lactic and beta hydroxy acids (BHA) like salicylic acid. They help to even out skin tone, unclog the pores, exfoliate the skin, remove excess oil, and give a brighter glowing complexion. It is recommended to use it once a day, at night.
- Glycerin: It is a gentle plant-based ingredient that enhances skin elasticity and smoothness by toning and hydrating the skin.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide, a form of B3, has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the production of keratin, a protein that makes your skin tight and firm. It also plays a vital role in balancing out the skin’s oil production. ances skin elasticity and smoothness by toning and hydrating the skin.
- Ignore oil based serums
It is suggested by dermatologists to avoid oil-based serums if you’ve acne-prone skin.
- Select the perfect cocktails
Many serums available in the market consist of many useful ingredients which when combined can aid in acne management.
A Salicylic acid serum also consists of hyaluronic acid. Both ingredients offer double benefits as salicylic exfoliates and hyaluronic acid hydrates and repairs the skin.
- Dermatologist recommended serums
If you’re thinking of adding a serum to your skincare routine, then opt for a dermatologist’s recommended ones.
- Keep it slow
Do not rush yourself into buying every product and start slathering. Always make sure to use the pea-size amount of product to test it and then gradually build it up if it’s not irritating your skin. If you’re using more than one drying serum, it is suggested to use them on alternate nights.
Now, after discussing how to choose a perfect serum, let’s dive into the pool of some dermatologist’s approved picks for acne-prone skin.
- Customer feedback
Harness the power of customer feedback, they know what’s good. Go through the reviews to find the best, highest-rated product in the market.
- 14% Pure vitamin C+++ Serum 10ml
This serum consists of high-content Pure vitamin C (14%) and Lily extracts from Choose on Nature, Black Bamboo extract, Horsetail Grass extract, and other ingredients which are famous for their antioxidant and skin moisturizing properties. It’s formulated to control excess oil, diminishes the appearance of fine lines, and balances out the skin.
- Anti-Ageing & Brightening PDRN Serum 30ml
PDRN is used as an injectable drug in the market. PDRN serum is created by utilizing the formulation technology for skin penetration and efficacy based on DNA micro-sized low-molecular material.
It increases skin elasticity, moisturizes the skin, and recovers the attributes of bright and transparent skin, enhancing cell proliferation in the skin. Get your hands on this amazing serum from A7Heavens, the best skincare store in the UAE.
- de oklm Soothing Serum 50ml
- Consists of 5-Active Complex (Patent ingredient) to keep skin moisturizing i.e. Aloe Vera, Glutinous Millet, Echinacea, Coccinellifera Fruit, Dry-field Rice.
- Protects skin irritation with Madeca Complex ingredient.
- Contains free radical and antioxidant ingredients of Malachite.
- Soothes and diminishes reddish skin, and blemishes of the skin.
- Proven no skin irritation by SeMyeong University Cosmetic Laboratory.
- de oklm Deep Moisturizing serum 50ml (Water-full)
Contains Pentavitin, an ingredient of water magnet locking care that provides the strongest hydrating effect on the skin and protects it from moisture loss, with Apricot Kernel Oil ingredient.
Skin is a beautiful thing,
embrace it beautifully
Oily skin is mostly acne-prone, and a serum specially formulated for oily skin can aid to balance out the skin and make acne more controllable, like Axis-Y Dark Spot Correcting Glow Serum from A7Heavens, the top online shopping store in the UAE. This serum is a Niacinamide-based serum that delivers essential ingredients that effectively fade dark spots, revealing your brightest, glowy, most radiant, and uniform complexion.
Search for a serum that does not have any comedogenic ingredients, which may aggravate acne. Dermatologist-approved serums are preferred to be used.
Next PostThe main reasons for the ineffectiveness of your anti-aging products!
Previous Post6 KOREAN BEAUTY TRENDS TO WATCH FOR IN 2021